Ugh… so always blog angry right? This seems to be my pattern:
- Create blog for no apparent reason saying “one day I’ll update” because I happen to be doing something at the time that makes it easy. ( Getting a myspace account, when google bought blogger and was advertising like crazy, when I was setting up another SQL project on my site and saw a free wordpress install)
- Wait for months for something to happen tech wise that I can rant about ( that isn’t directly work related )
- Write an angry post or two about code problems that annoy me. Not that are difficult problems, just that shouldn’t exist as problems at all.
- Eventually forget password
- Goto: 1
We’re on step 3 now! Story time!
So I’ve just done my first install of Google App Engine to work on a text based RPG app project (More on that in future updates!)
So I install latest Eclipse (Indigo 3.7) and then happily try to install the google plug-in (found here: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/eclipse.html)
Which quickly leads to this error:
Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. Software being installed: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 2.3.2.r37v201106211634 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group 2.3.2.r37v201106211634) Software currently installed: WindowBuilder XML Core 1.0.0.r37x201106081533 (org.eclipse.wb.core.xml.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.r37x201106081533) Only one of the following can be installed at once: WindowBuilder Databinding XML Core 1.0.0.r37x201106161417 (org.eclipse.wb.core.databinding.xml 1.0.0.r37x201106161417) WindowBuilder Databinding XML Core 1.0.0.r37x201106081533 (org.eclipse.wb.core.databinding.xml 1.0.0.r37x201106081533) Cannot satisfy dependency: From: GWT Designer Editor 2.3.2.r37x201106201351 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.editor.feature.feature.group 2.3.2.r37x201106201351) To: org.eclipse.wb.core.xml.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.r37x201106161417 Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 2.3.2.r37v201106211634 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group 2.3.2.r37v201106211634) To: com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.editor.feature.feature.group 2.2.0 Cannot satisfy dependency: From: WindowBuilder XML Core 1.0.0.r37x201106081533 (org.eclipse.wb.core.xml.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.r37x201106081533) To: org.eclipse.wb.core.databinding.xml [1.0.0.r37x201106081533] Cannot satisfy dependency: From: WindowBuilder XML Core 1.0.0.r37x201106161417 (org.eclipse.wb.core.xml.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.r37x201106161417) To: org.eclipse.wb.core.databinding.xml [1.0.0.r37x201106161417]
Ruh-roh, more time on the internet leads me to a bug in Eclipse’s database. But of course the work around doesn’t work for me there, something else must of changed since that was posted. So I need to dig through the PAIN that is getting individual updates in eclipse, which I hate digging for.
At least for me the only work around I got to work when installing Google App Engine on a fresh install was:
- Fail and spend way more time looking around the internet than installing something should take.
- Help -> Install New Software from “http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo”
- Select all things “WindowBuilder” related.
- Follow instructions on google tutorial ( install from “http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.7”)
- PROFIT! ( probably not.)
There are some similar workarounds on posts after googling this error, but that first link is difficult to find for someone who hasn’t worked in eclipse in a few years and “Update” of course does nothing.