I wasn’t really inspired by the theme this Ludum Dare and I think that always tends to show. You can see the game here and vote on it here. Since it’s just html, css, and non-obfuscated js feel free to look at the code.
My main takeaways were:
- Keeping a blog makes me significantly better and showing my progress.
- CSS animations have gotten WAY easier to work with since I last did them.
- Kind of obvious but when making games in niche genres it’s easier to get attention from the hardcore fans. My game got a fair amount of hits from the clicker/idle subreddit.
- I managed to finish something even after I sort of lost motivation and had several other things to do during the weekend, so that’s a big improvement over previous jams.
- Visual Studio Express 2012 Web
A few in progress shots of the order I did things in:
- Skeleton layout
- Button Handcursor And Satisfying number animation complete with formatting of dummy info
- Stats Popup
- Dynamic Button inserts and Tooltips
- Button content updates
- Logic working on everything
- Real art
- Floaty Text!!!!!!
- Toast Popups and Save load
- Win condition
- Final including weird css bug fixes.